Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Company Research Number 3



For the past 3 weeks I have had the opportunity to work on the feature film “Chuck Steel: Night Of The Trampires”. This has been written and directed by Mike Mort. The company is called Immortal Pictures Production, and the film is been made in Bridgend. This film is going to be amazing! Jammed packed with action, it will be released in 2017!



Immortal Pictures Ltd, is a BAFTA award winning stop motion animation company, based in the United Kingdom.
Mike Mort is the producer and director. He started on making commercials and TV series, such as award winning ‘Gogs’.




The crew at Chuck Steel are so very talented! Most of them have worked on Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (2005) Frankenweenie (2012), Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009), Aardman's Chicken Run (2000) - just to name a few. 


The company includes past students from Glamorgan University. There is James Carlisle who is puppet assistant on Chuck Steel, and the two very talented modelers are Joshua and Nathan Flynn. Their work is very well known at the Glamorgan University. (And we students at the University of South Wales look up to you guys! Keep up the amazing work!) The Flynn Twins graduated 3 years ago, and have done some amazing work over the years. Go look at their website (http://sculpt-double.co.uk), as I was so inspired by these guys and wish I could be as talented one day!



I am so glad I had the opportunity to work in the puppet department at Chuck Steel, and had so much fun while working. I’ve learnt so many different things while working at Chuck steel. What I have learnt in the three weeks in industry, but unfortunately I can’t use any of these things as I’m already filming my final film and I have already made everything. I would strongly recommend the short for the film "Chuck Steel: Raging balls of Steel Justice." 

(http://www.nightofthetrampires.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment