Pages

Thursday 23 April 2015

Company Research Number 5




Factory Transmedia is an animation company.  Like the name suggests, Factory Transmedia works across a wide variety of media, like animation, television, advertising, VFX and post production. I feel like this company is amazing and very talented, always developing new skills in media and new media technologies.


Factory Transmedia also remake old shows, like The Clangers, which use to be my favorite children’s programs when I was younger. I was not keen on the thought of them doing the Clangers initially, but when I was able to see an episode of the remade series, I was pleased with what they had done and how it looks similar to the old Clangers. The BBC has the new series of the Clangers on television, this year, in 2015.



Mackinnon and Saunders worked very closely with Factory Transmedia on the new series of the Clangers, as they want the original style, but with a modern twist. I think this has worked very well in their favour, as not many companies can pull this off - as we have seen with remakes of Fireman Sam and Postman Pat, where the original concepts have been ruined in the transition from Stop-motion animation to CGI.




Factory Transmedia has work on many stop-motion animation children’s programs like, Raa Raa, The Noisy Lion, Muddle Earth, The Racing Car and The Clangers.



I cant wait to see what they come up with next!



No comments:

Post a Comment