Pages

Monday 20 April 2015

company research number 2


Aardman is my favourite stop-motion company!
As a kid, growing up, I remember watching Morph, the famous Wallace and Gromit and many more. Aardman really inspired me to be come an animator, from the young age of 5, where I couldn’t stop watching the shows.

Aardman is an animation company that started in 1972 when Peter Lord and David Sproxton registered the name after they had graduated. They moved to Bristol and created Morph for children’s TV in 1976.

Morph was my favorite children’s tv show when I was younger, and to this day still love watching them as they are so funny and have a sense of nostalgia.

After Morph, Peter and David met Nick Park when he was working on the film A Grand Day Out, when Nick was a student. He joined Aardman in 1985. Since then the company has animated, the Music video Sledgehammer; award winning film The Wrong Trousers (1993); Chicken Run (2000); Wallace and Gromit’s The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit (2005). Flushed Away (2007); Shaun The Sheep; Arthur Christmas; Pirates; and Shaun The Sheep the Movie. And they are still making more!
(Peter Lord, Nick Park and David Sproxton.)

They also make TV programs like, Shaun The Sheep and Creature Comforts.
(Shaun The Sheep)


 (Creature Comforts)









I love all the animation they produce from Stopmotion, 2D to CG; it all has its own uniqueness to it. I still watch their animation today, as I am a big kid at heart and still enjoy the new films and programs they make. I’ve been inspired by their work for many years and would love to work with them one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment